Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"E" is for E-reader

Okay, not really. I don't have anything to say about E-readers.

How about eggs?

We are buying a new house that sits on an acre, but is surprisingly close to where we live right now. My husband has wanted an acre ever since we moved from ours in Utah, but knew I didn't want to make any random, major moves, so he found a place with a completely-redone-inside house and all the dirt surrounding it that he could ever want.

What does this have to do with eggs?

Of course, he wants to have animals, chickens among them.

Chickens lay eggs.

So possibly sometime in the future I will be known as the Egg Lady and you can come buy fresh eggs from me.

I prefer being the Egg Lady to the Crazy Chicken Lady.

I guess it could go either way.

7 comments:

Karen Jones Gowen said...

This post made me chuckle because most people would have a LOT to say about ereaders and not that much to say about chickens!

M.J. Fifield said...

This is the third post about eggs I've seen today. Funny.

Tina Scott, author, artist said...

Hey, I was the egg lady in Thatcher. We had people buy our eggs. They came in spurts, and sometimes we'd end up with a whole fridge-full of eggs. Then, a few days later, someone would come, but they'd be too late because other customers had bought them all.

Shelli said...

Love my Kindle! And eggs. And crazy chicken ladies. Hm, I bet I can work a character like that into my book. :)

Cathy said...

I don't have an e-reader, but my daughter is an urban farmer and has chickens and eggs. I do live on an acre (of grass), and my husband is a rancher whose family has been farming in our area since pioneer days. I'm also a writer, as you are ... and so I guess we might have a couple of things in common. :)

Valerie Ipson said...

Welcome, Catherine. I left a comment (and question) on your blog.

Peggy Urry said...

As long as you're not the 'cat lady' it's all good. Love chickens and fresh eggs and an acre of land... don't love moving, though. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails