Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Validation

This explains why I am so crappy at scrapping...

Today from Suzette Saxton's Shooting Stars' Blog:

My daughter came home from a friend's house with an exquisite, homemade valentine box and asked, "Mom, why don't you have a drawer full of old scrap booking junk? They always make cool art projects. I want to make stuff like this at home with you."

To which I replied, "It's because Mommy is a writer. All of my junk is stored up here." Taps forehead. "And that's where I like it because I take it with me wherever I go."

Daughter studies me with a frown. "What do you mean?"

"When I'm on the treadmill at the gym, my junk comes to life and it's like watching a movie while I exercise. Only, no one else can see it."

"Is that why you never hear me the first time I talk to you?"

............... long pause...............

"Did you say something, Sweetie?"

Daughter rolls eyes.


I have movies in my head. In fact that explains a lot of things.


[To find someone who knows scrapbooking, go here]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Miss you. I wish we could go visiting teaching together this month. :) If you have a Visiting Teaching luncheon think of me and call. I would love to catch up.

Joyce P Smith said...

Valerie,
LOL you sound like a mom who writes! Or is it a writer who mom's? Liked your post... I can relate, I can't scrapbook either. GRIN... Joyce of Tumbleweed Lane

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails