Thursday, January 21, 2010

When all else fails...


I want to get this novel done.

I really do.

Then I read the newspaper. Answer an email (or ten). Check out a blog or two (or ten). Sort laundry. Eat a piece of toast. Contemplate my Christmas letter that is still in the unsent stage. Get out the ironing board on the off chance actual ironing may take place. Do "research" by reading snippets of other people's books to see how they handled their MC's thoughts--italics or not? (MC=Main Character)...eat another piece of toast...

So... I've resorted to chocolate. Writing, revising, editing, plotting, even just thinking about my novel = chocolate.

More time is needed to eat chocolate...er, um...test this theory, of course, but if it works my next book will be nonfiction: Chocolate Your Way to Success and World Peace.

Why not? I'm sure the problems in the Middle East could be solved if either side just opened up a bag of Hersheys Milk Chocolate With Toffee and Almond Nuggets. Then you'd see something get done.

And chocolate can totally be a verb.

6 comments:

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

I totally agree!!! Chocolate always helps me write. I mix chocolate chips with almonds, then I talk myself into thinking I'm trying to be healthy. :)

Valerie Ipson said...

Very smart, KOP!

Peggy Shumway said...

Mmm...chocolate. Ann Arnett has a pillow in her living room that says, "I never met a chocolate I didn't like." Sound like you need one too!

Marilyn said...

Your my kind of sister! We just finished up the Christmas candy, but I still have a stash of Andes mints that I'm not sharing with anybody!!

Rachel Andersen said...

Hershey's is good, but real Dutch milk chocolate is better, and then there are truffles. Mmmmmm...
Margaret

Elana Johnson said...

Oh, chocolate is a verb, baby. All the way. I chocolated my way through my WiP this morning. See?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails