Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday Waaaa-nt...

Rhymes with raaaant...


So I came home a week or two ago from a lovely Spain vacation refreshed, renewed, rejuvenated.

Well, in theory, anyway.

I complained to my sister about trying to get back into the swing of things after my trip. I said "When you don't cook and clean for 12 days..." and she finished with, "...it changes you."

That's it. In a nutshell.

Now can I rant (to myself) a moment about my novel and its lack of being finished? Yeah, that novel. The one that should have been sitting on an editor's desk yesterday (of last year) because I keep hearing stories in the news that match the subject of my book and yet its not done. Last night, my husband and I were watching CNN (the horrific bullying story that has hit the fan) and he said, "You would be interviewed on CNN if your book was published."

(Basically, as of right now, the blurb on my book would read It's a lot of words all together in a row.)

I think I just need a good dose of cooking and cleaning and I'll be back to normal.

As for the novel... I'm on a strict no sleeping, no eating, no breathing, no reading (that last one will be difficult) till it is DONE! No exercising either because, well, that's been consuming so much of my time of late. (J/K ;D)

[Other actual rants have been edited out of this blog. It was theraputic to express them, but I'm better now.]

9 comments:

Stephanie Humphreys said...

It always seems hard to come home from a vacation. I love the blurb to your book :)

Lance said...

Who wrote this? Valerie, someone has hijacked your bolg!

Valerie Ipson said...

I guess I should've vented to my hubby last night instead of the blog today and then I would've got it out of my system!

Joan Sowards said...

You have a good excuse not getting you wheels immediately turning. Take a few more deep breaths and start slow.

Tamara said...

I have a favorite little saying in my quote file, I can't think of the source at the moment, its short:
before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water.
after enlightenment: chop wood, carry water.
I figure if you replace 'enlightenment' with 'vacation' you get the idea. Anyway, good luck with finishing!

Sheila Wilkerson said...

Tamara's comments are spot on. Valerie, I'd love to be a test reader. :)

You're almost there!

prashant said...

I love the blurb to your book :)
home jobs india

Unknown said...

I was thinking the same thing when i saw that CNN special about the bully's. I thought to myself, "self I wonder if Valerie has finished that book?" I'm still willing to read it. I'm finished with my book so after your done with yours we can switch. I've reread mine so many times that I need someone else's eyes.

Valerie Ipson said...

Definitely, Julie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails